Every floor needs to be sturdy, resilient, and hard. However, most flooring materials nowadays lack the vigilance needed for the floors because of which you need to call in for the floor repairing or replacement very often. This is why contractors combine two different flooring materials to impart an uncanny hardness and strength to the surface. Such a type of structure is known to be hybrid flooring.
What is a Hybrid Flooring?
From the name itself, you can understand that this flooring type will consist of two different materials, mainly vinyl and laminates. Combining both these elements make the floor look ethereal and increases the functionality of the hybrid flooring. Individually, both the vinyl and laminate materials may not be that strong, but you get a strong and sturdy flooring when both are combined. Hence, these become a good choice for flooring.
What Are the Layers in a Hybrid Flooring?
The hybrid flooring is made from four different layers, each having its function that improves the floor’s quality and strength.
- Wear out layer: This is the first layer applied on the laminate surface to increase the damage resistance and durability of the hybrid floor. It is made from aluminum oxide and other important components that make the floor scratch-resistant, waterproof, and more resilient.
- Design floor layer: The design floor is the second layer which is designed by the laminate boards. You can use any kind of laminate, be it a wooden plank or a slate laminate, the choice is yours. However, make sure the laminate is certified and possesses high-quality features.
- Waterproof core layer: The waterproof layer of the hybrid flooring is made from vinyl material. The addition of this particular component right below the laminate allows you to have a hard and robust core that provides structural stability to the floors, and at the same time, it also prevents the water from penetrating beneath the flooring, which can cause some damage to the flooring.
- Attached cork layer: the cork layer is the last, and the fourth one may or may not be included in your hybrid floor. Cork acts as the base for adding more cushion to the floor. Also, cork can easily absorb sounds, which is why this layer is essential for making soundproof floors.
How Can the Hybrid Flooring Benefit You?
The hybrid floor is a growing trend in today’s industry. Several new houses are built with such a flooring arrangement which is why you need to understand why hybrid flooring is said to be the best interior choice in the 21st century.
- Water-resistant: The vinyl material present in the third layer is water-resistant, and hence wouldn’t allow the liquid to get soaked and destroy the flooring.
- Highly damage-resistant: Both the vinyl and laminate boards have several damage-resistant properties like scratch-resistant, robustness, and so on. This way, your floor will last for longer times without any doubt.
- Cost-effective solution: Believe it or not, installing hybrid floors is just like an investment, making the high upfront cost worthy. Also, since the floor will last for longer times with no need for frequent repairs, you will be able to save more money.
- High climate endurance: another major benefit of hybrid flooring is that the materials can easily withstand extreme conditions. The top wear layer can reflect the UV rays coming from the sun, thereby making the floors last longer in summers. In the monsoon, the vinyl layer will prevent dampness and rotting by resisting moisture absorption.
Now you know about the several benefits of hybrid flooring, if you plan to get them for your place, then you must hire the best contractor for this work.