Nowadays, various competitive exams are being conducted in our country. And it is the dream of most of the students to pass those exams and to become successful in their life. Every year, these competitive exams are given by a large number of students but only a few students can successfully pass these exams. UPSC is amongst the topmost competitive examinations of India. Daily updates are a very significant part of this exam. So, you must remain aware of the daily current affairs for UPSC exam clearance. Here we are going to discuss many important tips which will be proven very helpful for you if you are preparing for the UPSC exam. So, you should keep all these points in your mind while preparing for the exam. Various important tips are as discussed below-
- Self-study and prepare yourself-As we know for every exam, doing self-study is a very significant thing. It is the real key to success. If you have a dream of clearing the exam then you should do the self-study. Besides this, one more significant thing is that your mind should be ready to start preparing for the exam. And whenever you start preparing for the exam, you must know the syllabus and outline of the exam. This will be proven very helpful for you while preparing for the exam.
- Schedule- Whenever you initiate the preparation of the exam, it is very significant if you make a schedule so that the syllabus can be covered in time. And if you want to become an officer then you must be a disciplined and punctual person. And also, after making the schedule of study you must follow that schedule. It will be proven very helpful for you in preparing for the exam.
- Program of study- As we know, the outline of the paper is the main thing about which you should be aware of before giving the paper or competitive exam. The authorities give the information regarding the syllabus of the exam on their official websites. So, if you know about the syllabus then it will be proven helpful for you to pick the best study material for your preparation of the exam.
- Optional- The choice of the optional subject is also a very important part of the exam. So, you must pick the optional subject for the exam very intelligently after thinking about the benefits and drawbacks of each optional subject. There are some points which you should be taken into account while picking the optional subject which is as follows- your interest in that subject, whether you are having some knowledge about the subject or not, is there any facility of coaching for the subject, etc.
- Handmade notes- You should make your handmade notes. These notes will be proven very beneficial for you while revising for the exam at the last minute. And also, you can take different notebooks for making the notes of different subjects and topics. Especially, these notes help will be proven helpful for you in revising the current affairs, one day before the exam. So, you can easily write the current affairs related to the different topics on different notebooks.
- The practice of writing- You should always do the practice of writing before the exam. Since in the exam, the time is restricted and if your writing speed is slow then you cannot complete the exam within the time. So, it is very necessary to practice writing. One more thing which you should always keep in mind is that the space given in the answer sheet for giving the answers is also limited. So, you have to write the answers in the lesser but meaningful words.
- Solve the practice papers- You should solve last year’s papers to understand the pattern, types of questions, and the complexity of the questions. It will be proven very beneficial for you in understanding the topics which are very important and then you can focus on those topics. And also, by solving these papers you will get to know about your level of understanding and also about your preparation.
- Various resources- You can also take help from various government sources such as national television and PIB programs. These programs will be proven very helpful for you to know about the current affairs about politics.
- Textbooks- Whenever you start the preparation of the UPSC exam, you should read the textbooks of six to twelve class. With the help of these books, you will get to know about some basic concepts from these textbooks. Once, in the UPSC exam, the question came directly from these textbooks. So, you should read them once.
- Recent news- If you are a UPSC IAS aspirant then you should remain aware of the current affairs of our country. So, you should read the newspaper to remain updated about the latest information. Nowadays, there are various mobile apps available, which provides the latest information to you by just clicking on your mobile phone. So, you can also choose one of the best current affairs app for UPSC exam. This will be proven helpful for you.
- Review of the whole syllabus- You should always revise the syllabus of the exam before giving the exam. Because, as we know, there is a vast syllabus of the exam so if you don’t revise the syllabus before the exam then it becomes difficult for you to give the answers in the exam. So, it is also a necessary step which you should do.
All of these above-given points should be taken into account whenever you start preparing for the exam. This will be proven very beneficial for you. And then on the day of the exam, you should go to the exam center after removing all of the negativity from your mind. Because if your mind is tension-free only then you will be able to give the exam with your full energy and power.