Fashion trends have imposed on us the myth that giving up carbohydrates is good, and a carbohydrate diet is bad. At the peak of popularity are diets that exclude either fats, then proteins, or carbohydrates. But you need to be able to distinguish between carbohydrates and eat only those that will benefit.
Did you know that carbohydrates are found in vegetables, fruits, herbs, and dairy products? Yes, they are there and they are useful. Their task is to bring vitamins and minerals to the body, satisfy hunger, and give energy. Such carbohydrates are called “slow.”
And “fast” carbohydrates will almost instantly settle in the form of fat. They spoil the mood, figure, and health. You will always find them in desserts, sweets, soda.
Carbohydrate Intolerance: Another Type of Allergy
Indeed, in some people, carbohydrate intolerance is observed and for them, a diet on carbohydrates is prohibited. This is mainly an innate feature and quite rare. This gives a number of inconveniences associated with indigestion or allergies.
But! Many people, succumbing to trends, make their own diagnoses and stop consuming lactose, galactose, and other sugar. They draw hasty conclusions due to the fact that after overeating high-carb foods, heaviness and bloating are felt. But the same feeling will be after prolonged adherence to a low-carb diet or a complete rejection of sweets.
7 Stages Of Disruption
Usually, the process of rejecting carbohydrates in an average person looks like this:
- Having read and heard the information about the harmfulness of carbohydrates, you stop consuming them. First, refuse a side dish for dinner, then look with horror at buckwheat.
- Then comes the realization that carbohydrates should be excluded from the diet for their own good. Fruits are also included in the list of prohibited foods because there is a lot of sugar. Leave the vegetables (preferably boiled/steamed).
- About a month you quickly lose a few pounds and enjoy the result. Do not notice that, perhaps, only the swelling of the body has gone. Praise yourself for the right decision and finally strengthen the belief in “bad” carbohydrates.
- A feeling of fatigue and breakdown comes. Hunger and the desire to eat all the sweets seen that catch my eye begin to pursue.
- There is a breakdown and greedy eating of carbohydrates. The body, finally, made you give it to them to support life.
- Lost kilograms returned to their place. With him again came a feeling of bloating and heaviness.
- You again decide to go on a diet and return to point number 1.
To get out of this vicious circle and stop all the time to go on a diet, break down, it is important to know about proper nutrition. As soon as you realize that the body needs carbohydrates, everything will fall into place. If you do not use them, then the body begins to accumulate them “just in case.” Hence the weight gain due to water retention.
It’s easier for thin people
It happened genetically that thin people (ectomorphs in structure) can eat more carbohydrates and not get better. The maximum amount of carbohydrates consumed depends on the characteristics of a particular organism. Do not blame diets that just did not suit you. Some people also blame kush for this issue. But it’s better to learn about what is kush then make an opinion regarding it. The diet should be right for you and take into account all the features of the body, lifestyle, and preferences.
Insulin is the body that allows you to eat high-carb foods without harming the body. A lower percentage of body fat helps to produce insulin. A larger percentage, respectively, raises blood sugar and is deposited on the body. Get tested for insulin in your body. You can also conduct an experiment: immediately after exercise, eat a serving of cereal (well, or something else high-carb). Low sensitivity to insulin will manifest itself in the form of fatigue and bloating.
Pick so many carbohydrates to make you comfortable. Or consult a nutritionist to get professional support and see if a carbohydrate diet is possible for you personally.
We approach carbohydrates correctly
Truth is always in balance. Eat what you want and bring a feeling of satiety and comfort. Know the measure and then you will not have to refuse anything.
Eat rationally, do not follow the herd instinct to become an adherent of a fashionable diet. To deny oneself very harmful products is normal. But to refuse everything that you love is not normal. A sweet dessert with integrated nutrition will not be a problem for you. On the contrary, it will cheer up and not affect the figure.
The body does not lose weight under stress. It stores fat for survival. Thoughts about food, an obsessive desire to eat something forbidden, inevitably lead to stress, which means losing weight does not work.
It is important that 90% of the food you eat is healthy. Then there will be an opportunity to leave a place for not quite useful but desired and beloved, sweets.
Do not leave yourself without carbohydrates. Choose the right diet and live in peace with your body. A diet on carbohydrates (the right carbohydrates) is possible!