Do you find it really difficult to have a proper bite? Are you having misaligned or crooked teeth? If you are experiencing all such problems, then performing Invisalign treatment can be of great help in getting your teeth straightened and boost confidence level. Just like the traditional braces that use brackets and metal braces for straightening teeth, Invisalign can help in shifting your teeth by using a series of customized aligners made of clear plastic so that others cannot notice them. You may read through this blog post to know about 11 things before you decide to undergo the Invisalign procedure.
- You might get more attachments than expected – Based on the latest Invisa;ign methods, you may get attachments or ridges of enamel color that usually stick to the teeth like the brackets. These attachments fix with Invisalign attachments that can shift your teeth in an effective way. When you do not wear the aligners, the attachment bumps will be almost invisible. But by wearing the braces, it looks like your teeth will be straightened.
- Recommended time to wear the braces is 22 hours – The Invisalign provider suggests wearing the clear braces for at least 20 to 22 hours in a day for getting the most desired results. You can take them out when you eat, drink, brush and floss but make sure it does not exceed 2 to 4 hours daily, as this is the suggested time by your Invisalign provider.
- You may end up losing weight during the treatment – The Invisalign aligners are extremely hard to remove when your teeth become sore. While you can take out the aligners when enjoying your favorite snacks, it may be painful when you remove them several times and brush your teeth more than three times a day. Since you have to wear the aligners for 20 to 22 hours regularly, you may be able to eat two to three times only and thus, end up losing weight.
- Say goodbye to your favorite lipstick – Previously, you would love to wear your lipsticks and colored lip gloss but now they stick easily to the braces and attachments when you wear them throughout the day. Though lip balms can be okay, they too leave some wax-like residue on your aligners. So, it is a better choice to do eye makeup than wasting time on your lips for the time being.
- Do not go for manicures – The clear braces are not possible to remove without using your nails. So, if you do not have chipped nails, then it makes no sense to go for manicures during the Invisalign treatment.
- Avoid kissing your partner for now – With Invisalign braces in your teeth, you should avoid kissing your partner. This is because it may postpone the treatment and you may have to wait for more time to get your teeth straightened.
- Brush teeth for several times in a day – There can be bacteria, plague, and food particles stuck in between the teeth which can be the reason for mouth cavities and gum disease. So, it is advised that you brush your teeth after eating food and keep your mouth clean. Choose a Fluoride-contained toothpaste and soft-bristled brush so that it reaches at all corners of the mouth for your fresh breath.
- The attachments may get stained easily – If you are addicted to drinking tea, coffee, red wine, or colored drinks, then your teeth will get stained in no time. So, the attachments will become stained too and so, brushing teeth after you drink every cup is necessary to keep your teeth free from stain marks.
- Drink cold water only – When you need to wear clear aligners, the provider will ask to drink cold water only for keeping your braces in good condition. Drinking hot tea will cause stain marks unnecessarily while sugary foods might be the reason for the buildup of plaque.
- Whitening is not a good option – Even though you are wearing the Invisalign attachments properly, whitening is not considered to be a suitable option until the treatment is done. But by brushing often and avoid taking stain-causing foods, you can keep your teeth in good condition and maintain a whiter shade for several years.
- There is a refinement period – You need to wear a set of clear aligners for getting your stubborn teeth fixed. Once the initial set of aligners is done, Invisalign will form another set of refinement braces to correct the problem of crooked teeth.
Though there are some cons to every treatment, you will notice that your bite has improved and the teeth have become straighter. Thus, you may search on the Internet “Invisalign provider near me” and the search results will appear accordingly to choose the right one for your case.