Going to buy diamond jewelry, you will look at the diamonds carefully. To select the best out of the rest one must try to find the right stone. Sometimes this can be an overwhelming experience. But not anymore.
You will get a lot of choices to select when you visit an online or retail store. If you have a clear idea about what to expect and how to select the diamond you will pick the right stone in the jewelry complimenting your personality. Here, is a step-by-step guide to help you buy the right diamond. So, read the piece completely to understand the process of finding the right jewelry.
Step by step guide for choosing the best diamond
Here is the step that you need to follow to get the best diamond in your budget.
Step 1: Identification
The first step to finding the best diamond is to identify the shape you want your diamond to be. If you are confused as to which one to pick go for the easy and most suitable piece in princess cut or round shape.
Step 2: Setting carat weight
According to the wearer’s preferences, one must set the minimum carat required. This will help you get the right stone for you. If a person wants a 1-carat diamond, she won’t be satisfied with even the most beautiful stone of half a carat. To avoid such disappointment, it is best to know the choice of the person beforehand.
Step 3: start with the highest to lowest
While looking at the pieces, you must start with those of the highest quality of shape whereas minimum carat weight. Once you have done that start making concessions until and unless you get the diamond that fits the budget. Follow the step given below to reach the conclusive diamond;
- You need to check the clarity first. Lower the quality and see if that fits your taste. You can go as lower as VS2. Below that you won’t get that shine and brilliance. Then you can go on to make concessions in other areas.
- After that, you can lower the color grade. You can dip your level to H before you move on to areas for making concessions.
- Next, we come to the cut. You can lower it Very good bar for round-shaped diamonds. For fancy ones, you will have to see how far you can cut.
- If your diamond, after meeting the revised criteria, is a little close to the budget, subtracting off some carat weight will help you close the gap. A 10% or lesser difference in carat weight can’t be detected through the naked eye. So, you can do this to bring the stone under your budget.
Step 4: if the stone is still outside your budget
If you are still not under the budget you set to buy the diamond repeat the above process once again to bring it down.
- Bring the clarity down to S11.
- You can reduce the color to as low as J. If you are opting for yellow gold metal, you could bring the level to K.
- Its’ time to reduce the cut. In round diamonds, you can go as low as ‘Good’. For fancy shapes in the diamond, you can dip down to ‘Fair’.
Step 5: Still not under the budget, what to do?
If you are still finding it difficult to afford the diamond, even after making all the compromises, you may want to make a few more. Like for instance, you can go following steps:
- For the diamond below one-carat weight, you could drop the clarity to S12.
- You can go for L-M color if your diamond is under 1.50 carat and has a brilliant cut. Ensure that it is set in yellow gold.
- If the size is important to you, go for a fancy shape in the fair cut.
The worth of a diamond is usually determined by the 4 Cs. It’s the carat, cut, clarity, and color that make a diamond worthy of so many dollars. You can’t buy something worthwhile without considering the 4 Cs of the diamond.
After that, you need to select the metal that goes well with the diamond that you have chosen. A perfect metal even with the lower grade of diamond would make it look extraordinary. So, when you go diamond jewelry shopping next time, try and keep your smartness intact with the excitement that you are feeling. Getting the right value is important so, make sure you buy diamond jewelry from an authentic and certified diamond retail store or online site.
Looking at the diamond, it is not just a face value, but an investment as well. Buying it sensibly will help you make a smart investment today to get good returns tomorrow.