After the launch of the Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana, there has been an increase in the number of affordable homes in Gurgaon being developed. We look into why affordable homes in Gurgaon are worth the money and attention.
With luxury real estate properties, shopping complexes, and a number of commercial properties dotting its landscape, Gurgaon has become the new in-thing when it comes to real estate in the NCR. After the launch of Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana (PMAY) Gurgaon is seeing a new influx of established and upcoming affordable home projects in Gurgaon.
Private developers have joined hands with the Haryana government under the HUDA Affordable Housing scheme in an effort to contribute towards the PMAY vision of housing 20 million families. This has led to a surge in affordable residential projects in Gurugram that resonate with the general sense of luxury in Gurgaon. The homes may be affordable but have a premium appeal to them so if you have been dreaming of owning a house with bragging rights, now is the chance!
Affordable homes in Gurgaon come with many amenities you wouldn’t even find in gated colonies of Delhi that call themselves posh. For instance, take the affordable residential projects in Gurugram by MRG World – A conglomerate of companies with a pan India presence.
Their projects include a plethora of amenities:
- Car Parking, first time ever in affordable home projects in Gurgaon.
- Jogging Track for those active mornings.
- Sports facilities like badminton court, volleyball court and swimming pool.
- Open gym for the fitness-oriented.
- Yoga and meditation area for seekers of peace and enlightenment.
- Kids’ play area for children teeming with boisterous energy.
- Landscaped garden making it feel like spring every day.
- Multipurpose central lawn and a community party lawn to foster the community spirit.
- And a senior citizen alcove – a retreat for the elderly.
Who wouldn’t want to own a house in one of these upcoming affordable home projects in Gurgaon? Anyone can purchase affordable homes in Gurgaon. However, there is an eligibility criterion:
- A family comprising a husband, wife, and unmarried children.
- An adult, who must have a steady income and no prior house in their name.
- A married couple, with no prior house in their name. They can buy an affordable house either individually or in joint ownership.
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and the Low Income Group (LIG) will be preferred over other applicants.
- Middle-Income Groups are also given preference under the HUDA Affordable Housing Gurgaon scheme.
What if you are eligible for this scheme?
If you believe that you are eligible under this scheme, then don’t think twice. Because there is more to these affordable homes than meets the eye. There are no maintenance charges or fees for a period of five years. The entire construction of these projects is also monitored by the Directorate of Town and Country Planning (DTCP) using only materials approved by the government. So there is no room for doubt when it comes to the quality of affordable residential projects in Gurugram.
You might wonder how affordable homes are any different from EWS apartments. These are also allotted by the government. But they couldn’t be more different. Here are some key differences:
- EWS flats have a carpet area of approximately 200-250 Sq. Ft. While affordable housing projects have at least a carpet area between 350-750 Sq.Ft.
- You won’t find any of the facilities and amenities in EWS apartments that were stated before.
- Affordable housing projects are high-rise buildings, however EWS projects
- You’ll find EWS flats in the outskirts of a city, whereas affordable housing projects are being located in key regions of a city.
Location, as mentioned above, is a major reason why you should consider investing in affordable homes in Gurgaon. For instance, MRG World has located all of its affordable housing projects in Gurgaon in sectors that give you access to important locations in and around Gurgaon. For instance, one of MRG World’s upcoming affordable housing project – The Skyline has these advantages:
- 45 minutes to IGI Airport via NH-48.
- 30 minutes to Manesar Industrial Belt.
- 20 minutes to Airport Line Metro.
- 53 minutes from West Delhi and 50 minutes from Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi.
- Located in a neighborhood that is emerging as one of the prominent destinations for IT/ITes companies.
- 18 km long expressway for seamless connectivity between Delhi, Gurugram, and Manesar.
Properties located in key locations in a city tend to have a huge price hike. But under the PMAY scheme, you can rest assured that you’ll get a quality home at an affordable price located in a prime location. It’s a deal you should act upon as soon as possible because these affordable homes in Gurgaon are sure to be fully booked out.
The development of affordable homes is a huge step towards India that has a living space for everyone. Moreover, It enables people to focus on greater goals and not worry about spending their funds on rents or saving up for a future home. It’s time to rise above your struggles to meet the basic need for a permanent home, apply for an affordable house in Gurgaon now!
Also, check about the actionable tips for real estate business 2021.