Cricket is an integral part of our culture. With movies based on cricket and cricket players, it is apparent that cricket has a special place in most Indian’s hearts. Therefore, Indians’ extensive use of fantasy cricket apps and websites is not a surprise. The most popular application is Dream 11. In this blog, we discuss fantasy sports, why dream 11 found such success, fantasy cricket app development, fantasy sports app development company, and fantasy cricket app cost.
What is Fantasy Sports?
Fantasy sports are the virtual version of the sport. It replicates with certain freedoms. In the actual sport, players form a team usually belonging to the same community (nation, state, or club). Two teams play a game, and a winner emerges. In fantasy sports, an enthusiast of the game develops an artificial roster on the platform (can be an application or a website) irrespective of the teams (one can choose a mix and match of players from different groups) and competes with other enthusiasts on the network. The scores are awarded based on the real-life game. Whomsoever scores the highest points wins that round of fantasy game.
Why was Dream 11 successful?
Just because a company has achieved success and dominates, the market does not mean you are too late and have no chances of succeeding. One can study what made dream 11 successful and then innovate to push the industry further. Here are a few reasons why dream 11 was a success:
- They started with a narrower niche -cricket. It helped dream11 target customers and attracted the initial users.
- A continuous approach towards increasing customer retention on the app by A/B testing the notification timing has allowed dream 11 to retain users for longer. Thus, experimenting and implementing leads them to deliver the experience precisely what their user wants.
- Users found a channel to direct their cricket fanaticism on dream11. It was possible because the founders themselves were cricket fanatics and understood their target audience. They made a platform that brought cricket fans together and wove a community.
Fantasy Cricket app development
When approaching a developer, one should have a fair idea about the process to avoid any miscommunication. Basic knowledge about the framework can help you navigate the process better. Your options for the type of app are:
- Native apps (application built on a specific programming language)
- Progressive web apps (an application made to run on a standard browser and therefore runs on the browser of a PC and mobile)
- Cross-platform apps (apps that run on different operating systems)
Dream11 chose flutter (cross-platform) to suit the platform’s needs. You don’t need to select the same, therefore discuss it with the company you choose for development.
Choosing a fantasy sports app development company
Choosing a company is crucial to the platform. They bring your idea to fruition. Moreover, finding a company that understands your vision and can bring expert opinions to the table is hard. You can use the following points to find a partner fit for you:
- They understand your values and communicate theirs to you. Working long-term with people who know what you want is key to the success of the project.
- Ample experience in the industry makes the process smoother. Experts who know what they are doing is efficient and build better products.
- Professionalism in their conduct is mandatory. Communicating any delay is better than delaying without due to message. Everybody is under timelines, and understanding that will lead to a better professional relationship.
Fantasy Cricket App Cost
A well-maintained budget is crucial to the success of businesses. It also helps to gather funding and calculating the return of investment. Therefore we have roughly gathered the average cost of the platform. It will vary according to various factors, so keep that in mind too. We have mentioned some aspects and their average price below:
If you have an in-house team, then you would know the cost. However, if you plan to outsource, then the spent money depends on the location of the programmers.
South-East Asian countries are an affordable option and can cost 60-180 USD per hour. European and American developers cost around 70-250 USD per hour.
A set of experts will cost more than novices. However, do not underestimate movies too. If you are under budget constraints and can afford some time, amateur is an attractive option.
If you wish to add VR or AR, then the cost will rise. Maintaining complexity with smooth functionality requires experts and therefore costs more. A feature-heavy platform can easily cost more.