The Epson printer is a device that is rather responsive, good quality, and provides for good output in terms of printing as well. This is a device that offers you a lot of features as a part of its usage as well. Epson usually does not cause concerns while using it but one of the most common printer problems, in general, is the printer going into an ‘error state’ sometimes in the process of using it. This could happen by the printer being unresponsive, or even the device not functioning in a proper manner, refusing to print, or Epson printer error message on the device’s screen itself. Make sure that you follow the points given in the article below to highlight the possible problems why the Epson printer could be in an error state, and how you can fix the problem as well.
Steps to fix Epson printer in error state
- One of the larger concerns, when a printer behaves in this manner, could be that the printer driver is not working properly. Either you might need to download the updates for your driver, or even remove the driver entirely to only download it once again. A fresh installation will ensure that the outdated versions of the software are removed. This can be done if you have not been attentive toward the software updates which arise on your device too.
- Start out by also checking if the printer connections are in place. This would mean anything ranging from the device having some technical snag with respect to its wiring or even that the device not working properly because of improper setup on it too. Make sure that you set up the Epson printer on the guides which are given in the instruction booklet of your device.
- Another thing that can be done is that you can ensure that you have your printing paper on the device in order. This will cause the printer to delve into an error state if not fixed or addressed soon. One must also be certain of how they have put the ink slot on the device together. This should ensure that the ink cartridge on the printer is full and also has a good supply of ink whenever required.
- Make sure that you have your printer connected to a power source as well. Sometimes printer errors can arise out of the device having network problems as well. This could mean anything ranging from the internet connection on the device not working properly, to even the printer’s router or connection issue being severed. You could ensure that the device is not facing a printer jam on it, and the papers have been lodged into it in a proper manner as well.
- Sometimes you could also try to reboot the printer if you realize that you have made many changes to it. This would mean that if you alter the printer settings on the device, then reboot it to ensure that the printer has been adjusted to it. Also, another thing to bear in mind is the fact that the commands for printing must be sent to the right printer for it to be implemented properly.
- Ensure that your device has the right printer set up with it, along with this also ensure that you have a steady and good working Wi-Fi connection for it. This will enable you to use your device in a proper manner for a long period of time as well. Dust and lack of cleaning are also something that could be contributing to causing the printer to be in an error state.
- For this then you must ensure that your printer is cleaned and dusted as well as its placement is done in a spot that is away from heat, dust, and the elements for this purpose.