Are you searching for “septum piercing shops near me” to give yourself a more daring appearance? This once-revered bullfighter and punk accessory are becoming more mainstream. The selection of septum piercings is vast, ranging from delicate and feminine to bold and badass.
So, what exactly is a septum piercing
A septum piercing is exactly what the name suggests. The cartilaginous septum separates the right and left nostrils and runs vertically down the center of the nose. However, septum piercings should not go through the cartilage. We recommend passing it through the more pliable tissue just below the nasal septum. This is the “sweet spot” for piercers.
Although a deviated septum is not uncommon, you should consult an experienced piercer, as the piercing can leave an unnatural appearance.
Does Septum Piercing hurt?
One thing right up front: piercings hurt. When you stick a needle through your skin, you will feel pain. Septum piercings, however, are completely painless. What a shock, right? There may well be tears when you pluck your nose hairs, but a hole in your septum is easy to pierce without much discomfort. Strange.
Even though it may seem strange, this is good news for anyone who wants to get a septum piercing. It is possible to feel very uncomfortable for a short period, but it will not last long. Also, do not be shocked if you have watery eyes and tingling in your nose after getting your nose pierced; these are common side effects of a nose piercing. These are common side effects of a nose piercing. But this should not worry you, because the pain and discomfort should only be temporary and bearable.
Since everyone has a different pain tolerance and is unfamiliar with needles, the technique used to pierce a piercing can change. However, as a general rule, a septum piercing can improve your appearance without making you feel very uncomfortable.
How Is Septum Piercing Done?
Septum piercings are often performed with a sterile, disposable needle, as opposed to the piercing gun that may have been used for your first ear piercing in the 1990s. This is necessary so that a) placement can be more accurately controlled and b) cleanliness and safety considerations are addressed. You should make sure that the person piercing you is qualified, has good evaluations, and uses fresh gloves. A disposable needle should also be taken from a sterile container during the session. Before you go to a local piercing studio or jewelry store on a whim, you should get some background information and read some reviews from previous customers.
How long does it take for a septum piercing to heal, and what aftercare is required?
When getting a piercing, it’s important to know how to care for it afterward.
The most common aftercare for a piercing is to gently remove crusts or dirt with sterile saline and sterilized non-woven gauze. Do this once or twice a day until the piercing is completely healed, and clean the jewelry carefully without twisting the ring.
What Kind Of Jewelry Can You Wear?
What are the alternatives to the classic “bull” ring? Quite a few, if you ask the experts. Septum piercings are popular because they give you instant access to a wide range of visually appealing jewelry.
That being said, the options for septum-piercing jewelry are nearly endless. Once the piercing is fully healed, you can conceal it by switching to a smaller jewelry alternative, such as a circular barbell (horseshoe shape with two small beads on each side). There are also rings with stunning embellishments; some are set with real diamonds, while others feature intricate pearl embellishments.
Undesirable effects of piercing
- Microbes and itching: if you are plagued by colds or allergies at certain times of the year, it is better not to get the septum piercing. But a septum piercing may not be the best idea if you suffer from severe allergies or a frequently recurring sinus infection. Some septum ring wearers report a foul odor, which may be due to an infection in the area of the piercing or an allergic reaction to the metal.
- Scarring or granulation tissue: an overreaction of the healing process caused by the environment of the nose and the jewelry can result in granulation tissue, a lump that forms at the site of a nose piercing and is often mistaken for scar tissue.
Keep in Mind
- Avoid touching the piercing with unclean hands, as you would with any other piercing.
- Avoid twisting or fidgeting with the piercing, as this can cause discomfort when you bump into it. Clean the skin twice a day with a saline solution and wipe it dry with a clean cloth or towel.
- Do not use any products from the 12-step skin care regimen near the piercing until it is completely healed.
- The lotions and potions may contain unpleasant odors and chemicals.
Are you ready to get a septum piercing? Since everyone has their threshold for discomfort and familiarity with needles, the technique used to perform the piercing may vary. But the truth is that the discomfort after a septum piercing is temporary and bearable. Now is the moment to emphasize your fancy style with a septum piercing. If you make the effort, take care, and give yourself some time, you will soon have a beautiful new septum piercing.